Online Precalculus Review Course
Would you like to start in calculus class even though you didn't place into it?
Would you like to refresh your math skills to help you succeed in calculus?
Would you like to get on track for your major?
Would you like to take this course for free?
NSF Scholarship and Research Applications
By filling out the NSF Scholarship Application Form here, you'll hold a scholarship until you register for the class. Once you register, the course will be free!
You can also sign up for the NSF Research using this form. Click on the following links or see the menu items on this website for more information about the course, the scholarship and the NSF Research!
Take this Catholic University online summer class! This summer, you can take it for free! (click here) You can work through it at your own pace with an instructor ready to answer your questions. The entire class is online, with videos, homework, and exams through Blackboard and the WebAssign homework platform. Even if you didn't place into calculus, you can take this course and refresh your algebra and precalculus skills. Once you pass it, you can take your calculus class and stay on-track for your major.
It's a self-paced online class offered anytime between May 23, 2022 and August 19, 2022. You can do the course at your own pace, with instructor help whenever you need it. This zero-credit course costs $225, but with a new, easy-to-apply-for scholarship from the National Science Foundation, the course is free (click here). For scholarship and registration (and lots more) information, check Additional Navigation or the links on the right.
New For 2022: Full Course Scholarship
Who should sign up for these courses?
1. Students who placed into Calculus I but would be more confident with a timely review of precalculus topics before the semester begins. See here for more details.
2. Students who need Calculus 1 (Math 111 or 121) for their major, but didn't place into it with Catholic University's placement test. See here for more details.
3. Students who need to take Applied Mathematics for Business (Math 110) and didn't place out of it. See here for more details.
4. Students who need Calculus 1 (Math 111 or 121) and would rather take this self-paced summer course than take the placement test. See here for more details.
5. Students who will benefit from math review for other reasons - ie. language, math anxiety. See here for more details.
- COST: $225 (For Summer 2022 - full scholarship available with no eligibility requirements)
- CREDITS: 0 college credits
- BOOKS: None - Cost includes WebAssign homework platform and eBook